Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Yeah, whatever.

Someone on the Playthings board posted a thread asking for people to list their minority opinions.  It made me literally laugh at how fast it became the typical AG pet peeve thread.  There's certainly nothing wrong with that kind of thread (because we all have our little complaints and what not), but we really don't need one of those threads on a weekly basis.

So, here goes.

I know 90% of collectors don't like Julie or my darling Ivy.  That, by definition, is NOT the minority.  Seriously... I have no problem with not liking them because that's a matter of taste, but don't act like you're the only one with discriminating tastes and no desire for a doll who is so omg not historical!  Here's another news flash for you: You probably don't like the idea of the '70s being historical because it makes you feel old.  Think about it... you'll see I'm right.  And, while I'm at it, the fact that you (rather incorrectly) think Julie's not historical is also not a minority opinion.  (And this is coming from someone who doesn't really like Julie or care to ever own her.  I just happen to speak double talk and understand what people are really saying when they say the things I've just mentioned.)

Saying you hate plastic, Mattel, pink, modern dolls, or high prices is ALSO not an unpopular opinion.

Saying you don't like non-AG dolls is also not unpopular.  It seriously, seriously isn't.

I love fellow adult collectors dearly -- I truly do.  No one understands how I feel about these dolls quite like other collectors do.  And I have my quips with the brand, too (trust and believe that).  But it annoys the piss out of me when people drudge up the same damn complaints every time the discussion comes up.

Now that I've yelled at anyone who would listen, I'm going to continue reading the offending thread while watching Bewitched.

No comments:

Post a Comment